This is my sister, Mercedes. Isn’t she pretty? She has long, thick, beautiful hair that is carefully cared for and straightened on a weekly basis.
But I’m convinced she’s a secret curly girl. Tonight, join us for a wine filled adventure as we make a curly girl transformation!
1. Assemble products. Here we are using Living Proof PhD Shampoo and Conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in Conditioner, and Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Mousse.
2. Wet hair thoroughly, focusing on the scalp.
3. Massage shampoo into roots. This is easiest done upside down, in the shower, as it allows the hair to fall away from the scalp.
5. Work conditioner/detangler throughout the hair, starting at the ends. Here, we’ve mixed Ling Proof PhD Conditioner with Kinky Curly Knot Today Detangler.
6. Detangle. This is the only circumstance in which you will comb your curly hair. It should be soaked with conditioner to prevent breakage.
7. Scrunch. With the conditioner still in the hair, start at the bottom and scrunch in sections up the body of the hair.
8. Rinse. Start from the scalp and rinse downward, leaving a small amount of product in hair.
9. Plop. There are several tutorials out there on this, but basically you are creating a pile of curls atop your head. It’s wrapped in non-terrycloth fabric to prevent frizz. I usually use a pillow case, but old t-shirts work well too. Let rest for ~15 min, this is typically when I would do my makeup.
10. Diffuse Upside Down. Either flip over, or lay belly down the bed, so your hair can hang freely. Dry on low heat with a bowl diffuser.
11. Arrange the curls. Flip right side up and twist any run aways into place. Done!
Ta Da! I knew there was a curly girl in there! Beautiful!